Sunday, August 19, 2012

Local flute player returns home to release her third album - Dundalk Democrat

Dundalk born flute player Nuala Kennedy has recently released her third solo album titled ‘Noble Stranger’ in local venue the Spirit Store

The album was launched in Dundalk’s popular music venue the Spirit Store. A large crowd attended this wonderful event and the atmosphere was electrifying. Her repertoire included some well-known Irish songs, tunes and ballads and also a number of her own compositions.

During her performance Nuala spoke of the many musicians who have influenced her playing over the years including Fermanagh flute player, Cathal McConnell.



“It is wonderful to be at home and launching my album in my home town of Dundalk,” said Nuala. “It reminds me of my childhood first playing traditional music at the age of seven.

“I never thought that I would be back in my home town launching my third album. I would just like to say a big thank you to everyone for all their support and Mark Deary and all his wonderful staff at the Spirit Store.”


Local flute player returns home to release her third album - Local - Dundalk Democrat

No comments: